8.03.2018

pros + cons of blogging [my opinion]












PROS:
  • a place to share pictures and randomness
  • meeting new people, and from all countries
  • finding Christians and homeschoolers, etc
  • a place to get or give advice (sometimes)
  • super sweet people

CONS:

  • the time and effort it can take
  • not able to be yourself/don't know how
  • comparing your life with others
  • not being able to relate with others 
  • lots of half-friendships, or fake friends



I've def met some really amazing people thru blogger! the thing is.. i haven't really MET them. The Girl Defined sisters explained it well in the beginning of a video >>



did you watch some of that? i only watched the starting there, and it reallllyy put into words what i've been thinking. About how we have several friends online, but it's nothing like a real life friendship. 
so while blogging is great, and we can lift people up, pray for them, etc, we'll still not really know them. 
I started blogging bc I wanted to be like my big sister, Ashley. Soon after, I found that it was merely a wonderful way to share my pictures, and such. (and still is!) Now I blog bc 1) i would feel bad if i didn't 2) i have some awesome friendzies 3) i enjoy sharing pictures, and posting about adventures 4) i love looking back on memories 5) it is one way to try to make a difference.
and my online shop thing is really great too. <3

Why did you start blogging? 
Pros and cons in your opinion?? 

7 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with the beginning of the video too! I don't know if I'll always blog, but some reasons I do are:
    1.Because of the friends I've made blogging
    2.It's a great way to shine God's light specifically to extended family who I know read my blog
    3.It can be helpful to spread word about something important, like if you are raising money for something, or if you write a book, it can help "advertise"

    Some cons for me:
    1.Wasting to much time on it doing things that aren't important/spending too much time on other blogs
    2. Comparing/envying
    3.Focusing so much on the "blogger world" and not enough time in "real life"
    My family isn't able to go out much (like at all). We hope to be able to someday though, and then it would be neat to have friends you cans see :D And I really wish I could meet some of you bloggers someday, though so many of you live so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the pros AND cons! Also, I like your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's true there are pros and cons to blogging, but the pros outweigh the cons! We just have to learn how to balance. :) Cute photo, btw. Have a great August! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pics! I love girl defined and have watched that video and a lot of other videos of there's! Cool post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post, and I pretty much agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is super true for me too, I guess I started just to be able to share stuff I was thinking about, and pictures too lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I like the photos! Your hair looks really cute in plaits, and do I spy donut holes?!

    Good points about blogging. It seems like there are pros and cons to a lot of things in life. For me, the pros outweigh the cons, but it is hard knowing that I may never actually meet some of the wonderful friends I've made through blogging. But keep it up, girl! I enjoy reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete