9.07.2018

together

1 out of every 5 African children dies before his or her fifth birthday—the highest mortality rate of any region in the world.     www.africare.org   Photo Credit: Adam Finck

Pilgrim Helps


Next Generation by MichaelCook87 on Flickr.  Uganda  this touches my heart

6/3/18


i want to comfort
every child, who has
seen things that
can't be forgotten.
kiss their foreheads and erase
the memories that 
might haunt them.
but
the world's so big
and i'm only one person.
and
how do i tell them
they have a Father who
loves them, when they
don't even know what love is.

i can't reach them all,
but
maybe i could help one.
love one.
and maybe you could help one.
and love one.
maybe togther
we could make a difference.
let's do for one what
we wish we could do 
for all. 

-p.l.t

23 comments:

  1. Wow! I got goosebumps while reading this!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe that makes me so happy and excited, thanks for your encouragement <333

      Delete
  2. That's really good. Thank you for sharing. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige, this is beautiful.
    thank you so much for this inspiration and encouragement!
    xx
    Mira

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so beautiful, Paige! Yes, I wish I could help them...really all I can do now is pray for them. Maybe in the future I can go on a mission trip to help those who are unloved and hurting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yesss, I know exactly. But really, praying is the most significant thing we can do!! 😊❤️

      Delete
  5. Your heart is so beautiful, Paige. And how convicting is this poem! Thank you. May we all stop to make a difference just to one. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are so sweet, thanks girl! ❤️❤️

      Delete
  6. Oh my GOODNESS Paige did you write that?!??? My mind is like blowing right now!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did...GIRL U ARE SO SWEET <3333333

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and heartbreaking. <3 Makes me want to go back to Uganda and hug every kid there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess x awe you've been? How awesome <33

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:44 AM

    wow. this is AMAZING. i cannot stop re-reading this and looking through the photos over and over again. did you take those? they are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    "i can't reach them all,
    but
    maybe i could help one." YES. JUST YES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW SOPHY YOU LITERALLY ALWAYS MAKE MY DAY WITH YOUR SWEETNESS!! I didn't take the pics, but you're so utterly sweet. <333

      Delete
  9. Aw, Paige, this is lovely. Keep doing what you're doing; you're making a difference even now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Keep being a light in the darkness, sweet girl. You're amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw my goodness that's so encouraging <33 thank you!!

      Delete