1.24.2018

my word for this year: o v e r c o m e.







o v e r c o m e. 

this year I want to be an overcomer. 
'Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.'
-Romans 12:21

At first I had no clue what my word should be. I thought it was going to be Patience, and even told some people that. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the Lord has blessed me with patience, and it was something I had already been working on. Therefore, I felt like I needed something different. Which is when I thought of the word, overcome. (more like God whispered it to me) And the more I thought about that, the more I realized that I have so much that I need to overcome.
jealousy. anger. temptations. negativity. fear. how i think of myself. 
There is so much to overcome, and the word just clicked.

so for 2018, I am trying to be happy instead of jealous. I am trying to overcome things that are hard for me. 

Do you have a word for the year? 
Have you ever been to Gettysburg? (that's where I got my mug)<3

16 comments:

  1. LOVEEE THE WORD!!!
    I am with you on this one. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this so much. <333
    it's a great word with a wonderful meaning.
    i've never been to gettysburg, but it's on my list of places to go!
    xx
    mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank ya <333
      that's what I thought, isn't it?!
      it's amazing, you should go sometime!

      Delete
  3. Though I don't know if it's my word for the year specifically, STEADY is a word for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that's a great word! It's amazing all the promises in the Bible about overcoming too - it's so encouraging. Blessings on your year of overcoming, Paige! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! Yess, I love the promise in genesis especially, with the rainbow. 🌈 ❤
      Thank you Jessica! Likewise!!

      Delete
  5. 'Overcome' is an amazing word choice! Mine is, "healing." God has really spoke and let me know that this year will be a year of healing for me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw so glad you think so! 💗💗
      I love that, I hope this year is a year of healing & growth in the Lord for you!

      Delete
  6. Yes I love that choice! I still haven't for sure chosen mine yet... I'm been thinking about WONDER though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Ashley! Ooh, that is definitely a super cool word!

      Delete
  7. What a pretty mug! :)
    You have a wonderful goal for 2018. It makes me think of the verse about setting our minds on things above rather than things below.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, I love my mug xD
      Yesss. Love it. xx

      Delete