1.08.2018

the importance of being real // FINDING JOY.








BEING REAL.

It's something that I've always always been. Being real is something that I find very important, on a blog, through emails, in your daily life. When I don't feel comfortable with sharing difficulties that might be going on, I just don't post, because I don't want to come across as 'okay' when I might not be. I don't want to be fake. I don't know, I guess I just don't want people to think that everything is so great in my life, when it might not be.
After a long, long time of thinking about this, I decided to just tell you whats been going on, things that are happening, joys and hardships recently. Part of me just wants to wait until everything is straightened out, to post a happy post about my life.
I don't want to make it sound like everything is utterly falling apart in our lives. That's not it at all.  Right now, it's crazy and hectic and figuring out a new normal is just hard- at first.  


Everything || the joy and the hard

  • I finally got my 3rd Suzuki book ordered!!! =D
  • The washer broke and so there is dirty laundry and two towels that have been used over and over again now. Dirty laundry everywhere is kinda stressful, but Mom might be able to take some to a laundromat soon! 
  • I'm working on the last crochet order, and making a baby gift for a friend. :)
  • School is going great and Caden is doing amazing with his letter sounds!!
  • One of our fridges also broke, leaving our other fridge stuffed to the rim with essentials. It's so weird only having one fridge, not sure what we're gonna get figured out with that. :|
  • Soon we'll be able to pay off some stuff, since Mom is working now!! (hence finding a new 'normal')
  • Micah being cranky quite a bit...at least he's cute :)
  • Getting paid every 2 weeks, it's realllllyy nice! :D


If you think about it, it's been a lot recently. Adjusting, and learning and taking care of 7 people a lot of the time. Helping teach 6 little ones, getting my school done,keeping a constant eye on Micah, (he climbs on EVERYTHING.) making meals some of the time, and cleaning. With a broken washer on top of it. >_< 
I'm not complaining, I love teaching my siblings how to read and do math, and Lilli helping me with dinner. The little ones color and play together a lot, I practice violin, and do other hobbies. 
What is my point with all this?? 

Basically, that even though it's been hard, the Lord has been helping me to find joy every single day. He's helping me to be real, and to be patient with my siblings who often makes things messy or quarrel with each other. (me included) 
It important to be real with people you talk to, and it's important to find joy whatever your situation is. <33 


14 comments:

  1. I JUST LOVE HOW REAL YOU ARE. <33 It is way too common how often people put on a 'mask' on social media--and it is because it is so easy to do that. But we all have struggles, we all have 'those days' and IT'S OKAY because we don't have to go it alone. We have the Maker of the universe living inside of us. Think about how special that is!! He is with us always, and our light will shine the brightest when our situations are the darkest. I know even the daily little hardships can seem so much harder than the big ones, but keep fighting the good fight, my friend. It will be worth it!
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW THANKSSS GIRLY <333 totally agreed. love youuu!!!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you about being real, I hate the thought that someone I know could be going through something hard, and I might have no idea and just talk to them as if everything is normal, because they're acting like it is even when it's not. I hope things get a little less crazy for you guys soon, I love that you're focusing on the positive though. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agh I KNOW RIGHT?!!! thanks so much Hannah!! <333

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Thank you so much for being honest, you are such an inspiration to everyone one who reads your blog! Keep on shining God's light, girl, you're awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww. thank YOU!!! you just left a huge smile on my face! xx

      Delete
  4. Being real is a good thing. Good thoughts and thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work, sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, totally agree. xD thanks Timothy!! :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Paige. I need to learn some lessons the about being real. I find it hard to be real with my blog, but I want to start doing that more. I agree with this posy. I pray right now that you guys are blessed with a free washer and fridge very soon. Amen. Godjust helped us get a new washer because ours broke also. We had to take some stuff to the laundromat for a little while. I get you, hwever, I don't have as big of a family so not all the way (no offense, though, I love big families).
    And when we needed a fridge a long while back He provided that too. God loves to bless His children, and you are all His children. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw you're welcome Amy!!! It can be hard to be real on your blog.
      Thanks! <3 You're so sweet <33
      miss ya girl!! xx

      Delete
  6. Being real is the best thing you can possibly do on your blog. Don't be afraid to let you, be you. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <33 thanks for that, Kara!! *hugs*

      Delete
  7. Gosh, this was a stellar post. Everyone wants the real, authentic YOU because you're awesome and it makes us be able to take a breath and be like "Yeah....I'm not so great right now either." And it also encourages us to do the same and be super honest!!!! *hugs* xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing with us! When you are real with others it can really bring a lot of relief. It sounds like your life *has* been pretty hectic lately and you have taken on quite a few responsibilities. I'm glad you've been able to have joy in the midst of the craziness. Praise the Lord for the grace and strength He has been giving you! <3
    Cool shells and keychain by the way!

    ReplyDelete