10.17.2017

What c o n n e c t i o n means to me || PICTURE OVERLOAD.



























c o n n e c t i o n.

It's truly a wonderful thing, to connect with someone. There are levels of connection, there are the common interests, and then the level of very, very deep connection...the type where you can talk until 2 am and not get tired. You can cry and laugh at the same time and they laugh and cry with you. 
I believe that people need connection. And for me, it's something that I even desire. I care deeply for people and there feelings, and that's part of it. To connect with someone, you have to care, make effort. It's not easy to find the friend that you can be weird around and they except it, it's really not. 
Connection can be difficult. To connect, I think we have to share, and in return, the person has to share with you. But not everybody is just going to tell you there deepest struggles and life problems... it takes time and investment.  I'm not saying that you have to always be digging around in other people's lives, but to show that you care you must make time to just be with them, get to know them better, etc.
So I'm challenging y'all, go find 3 people and invest some time in listening to them, or talking to them. Really think about it, if it's just messaging or in real-life. Remember that if you're praying for it, God will give you opportunities to share with people, help people. 
Btw, in my opinion, you can never have too many friends. ;)


P.s This has been in drafts for awhile. finally posting it. xD
p.p.s all of these pictures are special to me, just like a time in my life that I treasure and will want to remember later on down the road. <33


What does connection mean to you?
Do you like cilantro?? xDD

17 comments:

  1. Wow, such pretty photos!! I loved the ones with soapy hands. <3
    And great message, I totally agree. I love deeply for things and for people, and being so empathetic I always relate and enjoy comprehending and addressing the normally awkward and fascinating conversations. I really appreciate connection, a few of my best friends (and blogger friends!) love enjoying life with with each other.
    Ummm....I don't know if I've tasted it on it's own before, xDD LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! Those were some of my favorites too <33
      Yesss. So do I.
      Lol! XD I like it 😂

      Delete
  2. I like the pictures!! Especially the first one :).
    I agree. And connection takes time... I have a lot of friends (I basically consider anyone I talk to a friend) but connection can't happen right away. I have only a few very close friends because I can be my weird, crazy self with them but also be able to be serious and talk about serious matters with them. First you have to build up trust. And simply be there for the person. If they look like they're having a bad day then give them some words of encouragement or a hug (if hugs are awkward aren't awkward for them). Sometimes people just need someone to listen to, or maybe just someone to be there.
    Thanks for the reminder Paige :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks <3
      Yes yes yes to all you said. Girl how do you explain things so simply? You definitely have a gift for that. <3 And that's exactly how I am too!! You can never have too many friends ;D

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, is that ice cream? Awesome post! I feel like I can do that all the time with my cousin and I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I made it, and it's really healthy too and it was scrumptious! ;)
      That's great!

      Delete
  4. Great job digging into 'connection', Paige, and such a good challenge! And lovely photos; the 1st one (perhaps my favorite plant that grows around here) and the piano pictures may be my favorites. ☺ I have little ones that like making music with me, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you! I loved those ones too <3 It's always so much fun to play music with little ones! <3

      Delete
  5. Great post about "connection" Paige! Very touching! I have a lot of friends, but I have some very close friends that I talk to and they tell me VERY personal stuff in their life and then I'll tell them some personal stuff in my life and I think we kind of connect because we laugh a lot together and we have cried once together before, so I kind of think that's connecting. You can also connect with God in praying too! Thanks for this and I think I need to reconnect with you lol. Haven't chatted you in like foreverrrrrrr. Loveee the pics.
    DEBORAH ANN S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah!!
      Yeah, so do I. It's really nice having someone to share your thoughts/feelings with :)
      Lol YES! we need to chat sometime. And FaceTime! 😄

      Delete
  6. THOSE PICTURES OF MICAH. <33333 How old is he now?
    And, the first picture is beautiful. =)

    Thanks for sharing!! <3
    Jaidyn Elise<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKRRRR?!! he's going to be 1 in just 6 days! (Nov 1) CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THAT??
      awe thanks! <33
      Yup ;D

      Delete
    2. Seriously!!? Cutie. <3
      Jaidyn Elise<3

      Delete